Community Earth System Model CESM2
Scientific validation consists of a multi-decadal model run of the given component set at the target resolution, followed by scientific review of the model output diagnostics.
- CESM2 Scientifically Validated Configurations *
- CESM1 Experiment Diagnostics
- CESM Naming Conventions
* This page now contains links to datasets on ESGF, CDG, glade and NCAR HPSS as well as diagnostic plots and caseroot details.
See the selected links below to help you quickly get started with CESM2
Common Infrastructure for Modeling the Earth contains the coupling infrastructure, support scripts, data models and utility libraries needed to create a single-executable coupled Earth System Model.
* CIME does not contain any prognostics components and is available in a stand-alone package that can be compiled and tested with just its data components.
Configurations and Grids
Component configurations include settings required for CIME enabled models; both prognostic and data model components. These settings include:
* Includes Fortran namelists and CASEROOT variable definitions
Supported Machines & Performance Data
Model Input Data
As of CESM2, the input data necessary to run all supported component sets is made available from a number of different public repositories including:
Do not attempt to checkout the whole input data repository, it is currently over 20 TB